I got it to work now using a new blind table with multiple rows
containing the whole stuff to keep together.

Thanks

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: J.Pietschmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. April 2002 22:16
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: keep-with-next on one page

Michael Heinen wrote:
> I have a problem with the "keep-with-next" property.
>
> I use an outer table containing a single row.
> This row can contain multiple tables, blocks an so on depending on data.
>
> I want to achieve, that data of the outer row is kept together on one
page.
> But when I use "keep-with-next" property nothing changes in the pdf file.
>
> here is a snipped from my code
>
> <xsl:template match="article">
> <fo:table-row keep-with-next="always">
>       <fo:table-cell >
>               <fo:block><xsl:value-of select="art_nr"/>&#160;<xsl:value-of
> select="art_name"/></fo:block>
>       </fo:table-cell>
>       <fo:table-cell text-align="right">
>               <fo:block>Aktions-Nr:&#160;<xsl:value-of
> select="actionnr"/></fo:block>
>       </fo:table-cell>
>    </fo:table-row>
> </fo:table-body>

The keep-with-next property works only on table rows. This
means, table rows are kept together. In your example there
is only one table row, so it's not expected to work.
Can you describe your problem in somewhat more detail?

Be aware that FOP will insert breaks anyway if the stuff
that it is told to keep together wont fit on a page.