Ken Green wrote:
I am trying to build a table as follows:
My first thought was to do this as one main table that was 5 columns
wide, and then add a 3-column table embedded in the final column of
the main table:
Unfortunately, the content of the embedded table does not appear in
the PDF output (which FOP successfully builds).
So - the question is.... does anyone know if what I am doing (a table
embedded in the cell of another table) is allowed ?  Anything special
I have to do ?

Tables within tables are allowed. There is nothing special to do. However, disappearing table data is most often caused by a missing fo:table-body around the table rows. In this case, FOP ignores the data without any message. Check whether your inner table has a proper table body.