Hi,

I too have a problem embedding fop in my application.
the following code (used inside a servlet) produces a zero byte pdf-file.
xmlFile and xslFile hold an absolute Path to the input-files.

org.apache.fop.apps.Driver driver = new Driver();
driver.setLogger(Hierarchy.getDefaultHierarchy().getLoggerFor(PDFProxy.class
.getName()));
driver.setErrorDump(true);
driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
InputHandler inputHandler = new XSLTInputHandler(xmlFile, xslFile);
XMLReader parser = inputHandler.getParser();
FileOutputStream fout = new FileOutputStream(new File("test.pdf"));
driver.setOutputStream(fout);
driver.render(parser, inputHandler.getInputSource());

The Log says:

DEBUG   10185   [fop     ] (): using SAX parser
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

which is, as I understand, not an error. It seems to me, that the generation
is not started at all. when I try exactly the same from the commandline, it
just works fine.
I have no clue what's happening inside the Driver here. Any help is strongly
appreciated!

Thanks for listening
olli