Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately I can't get anything to work.  If I use "inline" instead of
"attachment," then nothing is shown.  Same if I only use "
response.setContentType("application/pdf")".   I don't know what the
problem is.

I noticed the earlier question about getting the file name to appear.  My
file name does appear correctly when using the Save As dialog.

I think IE has some bugs.

----- Forwarded by Ryan Asleson/sfm/spc on 04/16/2002 09:54 AM -----

                      Michael Heinen

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      exum.de>                 cc:

                                               Subject:  AW: PDF Plugin Launch

                      04/16/2002 09:48

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      fop-user

The disposition-type "attachment" says, that the display should not start
automatic but continegent upon some further action of the user.

Try using disposition-type "inline" or dont set this header and use instead
of this only the "contentType" header

Sample:
response.setHeader("Content-disposition", "inline;
filename=\"report.pdf\"");
or

Michael