I need to do the same . please let me know if you find the answer.
I tried using fo:table under another fo:table, but was told it doesn' work.
Not sure how true it is ?

thanks
naveen

                      Patrick Andries

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      deotron.ca>                cc:

                                                 Subject:  2 coliumns * 4
columns table
                      04/18/02 05:14 PM

                      Please respond to

                      fop-user

I need to implement tables that seem to me to be difficult (or
impossible) to render with XSL FO.

The difficulty involves a table made of two columns (left/right)
themselves divided into 4 further columns (a,b,c,d). The content should
flows from the left four columns (a,b,c,d) on a page to the right four
columns (a,b,c,d) of the same page before going on to the next pages,
themselves divided in the same way. The page header on the next pages is
slightly different from the one found on the first page containing the
table.

Is this possible with your XEP ? Could you give me an rough idea how to
implement it and test it ?

P. Andries