Patrick Andries wrote:

I have divided the region-body in two. I would now like to draw a single line separating the two columns, can this be done ?

Is there any way to write something in the column-gap ? Alternatively, since I am having a block flowing from one column to another could I have the right column block's left border to appear but not the left column block's left border to appear.

You can use static content in a region overlapping the region-body with the text flow. Use an empty block or table with absolute positioning and height settings.

I don't think you can do it by inserting stuff into
the normal text flow.

BTW please post this kind of questions only to fop-user.
In general, avoid cross posting to both lists.