Matthew-

I just finished doing this on a Windows box also, and I believe your
problem is that the JVM can't find the files for the TTFReader class.  You
can include class paths by using the -cp command line option.  Take a look
at the actual fop.bat that came in the distribution, and make sure you
include those class paths with your call to the TTFReader class.

Hope that helps.  If not, let me know.

P.S.  This is my first post to this group (actually my first post to any
group) using this e-mail client.  All apologies for screwy formatting.

-Jeff Mitchell

                    "Matthew

                    Huggett"                To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    lanet.net>              Subject:     fonts

                    04/30/2002 11:19

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to fop-user

Hi:

I'm trying to create a few font metrics files.

Here's the command I'm using:
          C:\Program Files\FOP\fop-0.20.3>java
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -ttcname "HGRM" C:
\Windows\Fonts\HGRM.TTC hgrm.xml

And this is the error message I get:

org/apache/fop/fonts/apps/TTFReader

I don't know s**t about Java programming but I guess this means that my
command wasn't good or I'm missing something.  How do I fix this?

Thanks

Matthew