[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Gurus, I have been struggling with the convertion to PDF
> using FOP. It was working well for the past few
> weeks and all of a sudden I am getting this exception
> error and I have tried everything I could think of.
> Now, I am seeking for your help!!!! The exception
> error occurs on the call to
I have tried both the fop versions 0.20.3 and 0.20.1.
> both are producing the same error.

Those who can read can avoid some embarassements.

Caused by: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: javax.xml.transform.TransformerExce ption: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The string "--" is not permitted within co mments.
                                                ^^^^^^^^^
Probably you have something commented out which already
contained a comment, either in your XML or XSL. Get an
XML editor with syntax highlighting and hunt for "--" in
comments, some products will even give you a precise
error location. Replace it with "- -" or whatever.

J.Pietschmann