Hello John

I use with FOP 0.20.3 the following:
<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
                <fo:block-container position="absolute" top="4.5cm"
left="13cm" width="7.2cm" height="0.8cm">
                <fo:block border-style="solid" border-color="red">I am
here</fo:block>
                </fo:block-container>
</fo:static-content>

It positions where I set it, relative to the xsl-region-before margins.

Hope this helps,
greetings,
Patrick.

Dipl. Inform. Patrick Chaumette

T-Systems ITS GmbH

Service Prozesse Retail
Hausanschrift: Fasanenweg 9, 70771 Leinfelden-Echterdingen
Postanschrift: Postfach 100258, 70746 Leinfelden-Echterdingen
Telefon: (0711)972-2437
Telefax: (0711)972-1949
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet: http://www.t-systems.de