Lee, James wrote:
I am new to FOP and trying to run the simple FopServlet in WebSphere
Application Server 3.5.  I can compile the FopServlet no problem and
copy all the lib jar files like fop.jar; xerces-1.2.3.jar;
xalan-2.0.0.jar; xalanj1compat.jar; avalon-framework-4.0.jar;
logkit-1.0.jar; bsf.jar into the server lib directory.   When I try to
access the servlet through the browser, I got an empty page and
exception logged like:

 "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.xml.sax.Attributes: method
getQName(I)Ljava/lang/String; not found"

Websphere 3.x has some really ancient XML libraries in the static classpath for the webapp. You'll have to put your favorite XML toolset (Xalan/Xerxes) in the static classpath explicitely. Look here http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=101552169109119&w=2 search for "Websphere"

Complain violently to IBM, event though you'll probably get only
some "yeah, yeah, upgrade to 4.x" comment.

J.Pietschmann