Sam Prokop wrote:
ive got some svg made by jfree-chart, they look nice in the
batik-browser, but if i render them with fop 0.20.3 to pdf they are just
black and white.

This hasn't come up before. As a wild guess check whether your SVG contains transparent stuff or certain other shading effects, FOP can't render them properly into PDF. Apart from this, I'd have to resort to mind reading, which I'm very bad at, unless you post your SVG code. It would be nice if you trimmed it down as much as possible. This may also reveal the problem to you.