Hi folks,

again we need your help: We are using FOP and XSLT for creating pdf
documents which works fine - excepting tables! The dtd contains a table-tag
like similar to html:
[...]
<!ENTITY % alignes "
        align (left | center | right) #IMPLIED
        valign (top | middle | bottom | baseline) #IMPLIED
">
<!ENTITY % alignes_span "
        %alignes;
        rowspan NMTOKEN '1'
        colspan NMTOKEN '1'
">
[...]
<!ELEMENT table (title?, thead?, tbody+, tfoot?)>
<!ATTLIST table
        %id_req;
        width CDATA #IMPLIED
        summary CDATA #IMPLIED
        cellspacing CDATA #IMPLIED
        cellpadding CDATA #IMPLIED

<!ELEMENT thead (tr)+>
<!ATTLIST thead
        %id_imp;
        %alignes;

<!ELEMENT tfoot (tr)+>
<!ATTLIST tfoot
        %id_imp;
        %alignes;

<!ELEMENT tbody (tr)+>
<!ATTLIST tbody
        %id_imp;
        %alignes;

<!ELEMENT tr (th | td)+>
<!ATTLIST tr
        %id_imp;
        %alignes;

<!ELEMENT th (%outer;)*>
<!ATTLIST th
        %id_imp;
        %alignes_span;

<!ELEMENT td (%outer;)*>
<!ATTLIST td
        %id_imp;
        %alignes_span;

[...]
Transforming into html with xslt was no problem as expected, but how could a
template look like in fo (a bit heavy for newbies because of counting
columns etc.)? The fo:table-markups are a bit confusing, and some of them
don't seem to work as expected in the current FOP-version (like
table-and-caption). Who has experiences with fo:tables and xslt and could
give us a hint?

Jens Posingies

    **** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****

64K RAM SYSTEM  38911 BASIC BYTES FREE