From:   MARTIN Franck [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Thursday, May 16, 2002 2:50 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Open and print pdf files

Hi all,

Fop is cool but once i have successfully created my pdf file it would be
nice to open and print it. Does anyone know of a platform independent
way to open a pdf file. So far the only way i have found is platform
dependent ( for NT : Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd /c start
"+txtPdf.getText()); ). I was thinking that if java provided a way to
display an active http link it would be easy to open a pdf file via the
default web browser. What do you think?

Does anyone know how to send either ps or pdf directly to the printer
(or via a print dialog)?

Thank you for your help

Franck