Fries, Markus, fiscus GmbH, Bonn wrote:
Now my second try looks like this
results in a gap between header and body. And of course I still have to fix
the bottom line.  I tried fop 0.20.2 and 0.20.3-2002-03-04.  I think it
might have s.th. to do with the border-collapse property, but as it seems
fop or I do not understand the spec.

The implementation for collapsing borders is, well, incomplete. Read the comments near the end of src/../fo/flow/TableCell.java why it's not easy to adhere to the spec. You should probably use border-bottom on the blocks within the table cells and refrain from specifying different widths for border-top and border-bottom.

Happy tampering!