I have been using FOP both within Cocoon and as a servlet, using static XML
(data) and XSL files as input.

Now I need to dynamically generate the XML data portion from within the
servlet (the XSL file would still be static.) What is the best approach for
this?

Upon perusing the source of org.apache.fop.apps.XSLTInputHandler, Driver, and
related classes, it seems I should be able to use Xalan APIs to build an
org.xml.sax.InputSource from my own org.xml.sax.ContentHandler and the XSL
file.

Are there any examples on how to integrate this with FOP? (I'd just hate to
have to reinvent the wheel here. ;-))

Also, would it perhaps make sense to extends XSLTInputHandler to support this
behavior in a convenient way (instead of only using static XML files)?

Thanks,
Thorsten