Hi Thorsten,

On Friday 31 May 2002 04:30, Thorsten wrote:
> I have been using FOP both within Cocoon and as a servlet, using static XML
> (data) and XSL files as input.
>
> Now I need to dynamically generate the XML data portion from within the
> servlet (the XSL file would still be static.) What is the best approach for
> this?

jdom (http://www.jdom.org) is a very good library for generating XML data
dynamically, it allows you to manipulate XML documents at a higher level than
just DOM.

Also, you might want to have a look at Cocoon (http://xml.apache.org/cocoon)
which allows you to easily combine Generators (to produce XML), Transformers
(XSL files for example) and Serializers (XML, PDF using FOP, RTF, etc.) to
create many formats dynamically.

--
 Bertrand Delacrétaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)

 buzzwords: XML, java, XSLT, cocoon, mentoring/teaching/coding.
 disclaimer: eternity is very long. mostly towards the end. get ready.