Hello all!

I have two questions concerning Fop and PDF.

1. In the fop specs it says that output images will have a resolution of
72 dpi. I have tried generating pdf with jpgs and gifs of both 72 dpi
and 600 dpi, and it seems like fop does not care about changing
resolution. Does anybody know how this works?

2. When trying to generate a pdf with a bmp image in it, I get an
exception. Does fop only support some types of bmp, and if so, which
ones? I have tried with screenshots and downloaded images, and some bmps
saved in Photoshop. The exception:

        at org.apache.fop.image.BmpImage.loadImage(BmpImage.java:120)
        at
org.apache.fop.image.AbstractFopImage.getBitmaps(AbstractFopImage.java:2
31)
        at org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFXObject.output(PDFXObject.java:163)
        at org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFDocument.output(PDFDocument.java:1202)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.render(PDFRenderer.java:708)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.queuePage(StreamRenderer.java:217)
        at org.apache.fop.layout.AreaTree.addPage(AreaTree.java:81)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.format(PageSequence.java:307)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.render(StreamRenderer.java:200)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:182)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser
.java:559)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.handleEndElement(XMLNamespaceB
inder.java:853)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.
java:643)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(XMLDTDValida
tor.java:2978)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(XMLDTDValidator.ja
va:918)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.handleEndElement(X
MLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1145)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XML
DocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:988)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDis
patcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1446)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDo
cumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardPars
erConfiguration.java:529)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardPars
erConfiguration.java:585)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:147)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java
:1148)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:481)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.run(Driver.java:554)
        at
se.infologic.ibase.client.export.ExportXml.write(ExportXml.java:160)

Thanks!