Did you try makíng your own <li> (list item) element?
blockindentation ain't hard with constucts like:

<xsl:template match="li">
 <fo:block>
 <fo:list-block provisional-distance-between-starts="10mm"
      provisional-label-separation="2mm"
      space-before.optimum="2pt">
     <fo:list-item>
  <fo:list-item-label start-indent="8mm" text-align="start">
   <fo:block>-</fo:block>
  </fo:list-item-label>
  <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
      <fo:block text-align="start">
           <xsl:apply-templates/>
      </fo:block>
  </fo:list-item-body>
     </fo:list-item>
 </fo:list-block>
 </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

you probably won't need the list-item-label,
to "hit" your indented code put your bookmarks within the
<li> tags within your xml.
for the numbering you might take a look at <xsl:variable>

markus