Thanks a lot Oleg...
It finally worked.... Very silly mistake on my part

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Tkachenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 10:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Problem with PDF generation

chandrakant_binwani wrote:

> Here how i'm trying to implement PDF generation:
>

>             String xslParam  = "D:\\tempReports\\testReport.xml";
>             String xmlParam = "D:\\tempReports\\testReport.xsl";

Aha, got it! CAn you see - your xslParam is xml file url and xmlParam is xsl
url, that's why you got an exception - xalan has considered xml as xsl and
complined about lack of xsl:version (any xml file could be valid xsl
stylesheet if it has xsl:version attribute at the roor element).

Well, it should be

              String xmlParam  = "D:\\tempReports\\testReport.xml";
              String xslParam = "D:\\tempReports\\testReport.xsl";

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel