From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 4:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: External Graphic

Urban, Patrick wrote:
> Can anyone help me debug this. I am looking to simply pull a logo onto my
> report with this code...
>
> <fo:external-graphic src="http://epndev0006/Logo_Plain.gif"/>
>
> this error is being output from FOP...
>
> [ERROR]: Error while creating area : Error with image URL:
> http://epndev0006/Logo_Plain.gif and no base directory is specified.
>
> The image is in the correct directory and everything is spelled correctly.
> The image resides in the root of my wwwroot folder and I can hit it with a
> browser by typing the above URL.

I experimented a bit and it seems the image cannot be loaded.
Check your IIS logs for the reason.
As for it showing up in a browser: Are the browser and FOP
running on the same machine? Are there proxies between your
machine and the server? Can you sucessfully retrieve the
image with a command line tool like wget?
And of course, there may lurk spelling problems, you should
cut&paste the URL into the browsers location field.