From: Savino, Matt C [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 7:07 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Possibility of converting from XML to PDF withouttheinterme
dia te stage of FO format

> You might want to check out the adobe sight I think they
> might have somehting in the works.

Are you talking about either the Make Accessible plug-in or the Save as XML
plugin?

I don't think either of these qualify, but it would be cool if Adobe is
working on some new kind of PDF that is more XML friendly and more conducive
to large docs being generated on demand (possibly sacrificing some of the
exotic formatting features that reporting apps have no use for anyway). It
seems that the common factor across all these commercial and free PDF
generators with performance problems is the conversion of XML to PDF.

-Matt