in your second definition of the table try to implement the table body...
might help...
<fo:table-cell>
                      <fo:table  border-style="solid" font-size="10pt">
                               <fo:table-column column-width="0.8cm"/>
                               <fo:table-column column-width="16.2cm"/>
------> here              <fo:table-body>
                               <fo:table-row height="30pt">

<fo:table-cell><fo:block>text</fo:block>
                                                    <fo:block><xsl:value-of
select="."/></fo:block>

Jochen Maes
ICT Development

KBC Securities (kbcsecurities.com)
Havenlaan 12 Avenue du Port SIF 8683
B-1080 Brussels
Belgium

 Tel    :  +32 2 429 96 81

 GSM    :  +32 496 57 90 99

 E-mail :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message and any attachments hereto are for the named person's use
only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. You may not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail message without being
the intended recipient, please notify KBC Securities promptly and delete
this e-mail. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender
is authorised to state them to be the views of KBC Securities. KBC
Securities reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through
its networks and any messages addressed to, received or sent by KBC
Securities or its employees are deemed to be professional in nature. The
sender or recipient of any messages to or of KBC Securities agrees that
those may be read by other employees of KBC Securities than the stated
recipient or sender in order to ensure the continuity of work-related
activities and allow supervision thereof. KBC Securities does not accept
liability for the correct and complete transmission of the information, nor
for any delay or interruption of the transmission, nor for damages arising
from the use of, or reliance on, the information.

                    "Hahn Kurt

                    (CHA)"               To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    at.ge.ch>            Subject:     Embedding a table in a
table-row

                    12/06/2002

                    10:45

                    Please

                    respond to

                    fop-user

I'm trying to embed a table in a table row. It seems to work, but my text
isn't displayed (not even the test block "text" I inserted): What I'm
seeing
is two thick lines, and I'm suspecting each line represents one row
(because
I should get two rows with the template below).Why are they compressed like
this?  Do I need to use some other property in order to be able to display
an embedded table? Or is just some error in my code?
Thanks in advance

The definition of the wrapping table:
<fo:table  border-style="solid" font-size="10pt">
     <fo:table-column column-width="17cm"/>
     <fo:table-body>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="//eleTexte:listeAffaires"/>
     </fo:table-body>
</fo:table>

and here goes the template that should fill one row of the table:
<xsl:template match="eleTexte:soustitre1">
          <fo:table-row font-size="14pt" font-weight="bold" height="40pt">
          <fo:table-cell>
                      <fo:table  border-style="solid" font-size="10pt">
                               <fo:table-column column-width="0.8cm"/>
                               <fo:table-column column-width="16.2cm"/>
                               <fo:table-row height="30pt">

<fo:table-cell><fo:block>text</fo:block>
                                                    <fo:block><xsl:value-of
select="."/></fo:block>
                                          </fo:table-cell>
                                          <fo:table-cell>
                                                    <fo:block><xsl:value-of
select="../eleTexte:soustitre1_text"/></fo:block>
                                          </fo:table-cell>
                               </fo:table-row>
               </fo:table>
          </fo:table-cell>