From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 4:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: using an InputStream with XSLTInputHandler

Amine AMAR wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to use XSLTInputHandler with an runtime generated xml document. I
> would like to just stream-line it to XSLTInputHandler and not use the file

> system.
> is there a way to do so? or a workarround?

This has just been answered yesterday.

    Driver driver =new Driver();
    driver.setOutputStream(response.getOutputStream());
    driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
    Transformer transformer=TransformerFactory.newInstance()
      .newTransformer(new StreamSource("foo.xsl"));
    transformer.transform(xmlsource,
      new SAXResult(driver.getContentHandler()));

xmlsource can be a DOMSource or a SAXSource as well as an
arbitrary StreamSource.
You don't have to call run() or render() on the driver object.

This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named.If you are not the intended recipient
you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print, copy or deliver this
message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.E-mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive late or incomplete or
contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result
of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a
hard-copy version.