From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 3:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: does any one have solution for this?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My report contains 4 Tables.
> I have to display some content at the top of the page
> [like table header] for the first page of the each table,
> and the content will slightly change from the next page onwards..
>
> for e.g.. if the whole report has 20 pages and if each table spans for 5
> pages,
> then page 1,6,11 & 16 [ pages on which new table starts..]  will have same
> headers and the remaining pages will have headers with slightly less
> information as they are following pages.
>
> I used <xsl:variable>  to have a count the times the table was accessed.
> but the variable is loosing its last state every time.

You cannot use XSLT capabilities to deal with pagination
issues.

The XSLFO standard does not provide capabilities for variying
table headers.
You can try to put the additional information in the first
table header into an additional row:
  <fo:table ...>
    <fo:table-header>
      <fo:table-row>...common header info...</fo:table-row>
    </fo:table-header>
    <fo:table-body>
      <fo:table-row>...additional header info...</fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-row>...table content...</fo:table-row>
    </fo:table-body>

If this doesn't work (i.e. if borders get in the way), there is
a horrible way to fake the headers by putting them into static
content in the region-before and use makers or special page
masters to implant the additional information.

This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named.If you are not the intended recipient
you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print, copy or deliver this
message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.E-mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive late or incomplete or
contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result
of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a
hard-copy version.