For anyone who is interested -
a quick hackish approach (non-fop or iText) is available
with acroreader viz.
acroread -toPostScript -start 4 -end 4 /tmp/multi_page.pdf

This will create a ps file of page 4 only:

Of course you can convert the entire file to ps without those
extra flags and then use psselect to print what you want,

ciao

According to Jeremias Maerki on Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 08:49:39AM +0200:

--
Eric Smith