Argyn Kuketayev wrote:
Are you sure the parser is the bottleneck?
no. I'm not sure. But I want to try another parser first, since it seems the
easiest thing to do.

Easy or not, the time spent on replacing the parser is most likely wasted.

Get a good profiler and *measure* where your program
uses processor cycles. I'm pretty sure that you'll
find the parser uses only neglible ressources.

I didn't find how to configure FOP to run with parsers from Saxon 6.5.2
distribution. Can I get any help on that?

I just use saxon.jar instead of xalan.jar+xerces.jar without any problem. I used 6.5.