Did you follow a similar discussion yesterday?

PDF does not provide what you ask. The only values you can enter in the
PDF are the one you can set in File/Document Properties/Open Options...
And none of them are implemented in FOP.

I think that if you enable "auto-rotate" then the PDF should always come
out correctly without having to set anything on the printer driver.

For the moment you will have to stick with what you have. A possibility
is to add a rotation similar the stuff I did for the PS renderer. But
this would also need to be made configurable.

There may be other solutions if there's no requirement that your users
want to preview the PDF in Acrobat Reader before printing. But none of
them is really simple.

> I'm using reports in the PDF format using an XSL-stylesheet on an XML-souce,
> using FOP-0.20.3.
>
> I will need to control the orientation of the output - for some reports I
> need portrait orientation, for others I need landscape. My current problem
> is with landscape.
>
> In my style sheet, I try to control this by setting page-width="297mm"
> page-height="210mm". FOP runs fine from a command line and my Adobe Acrobat
> Reader 5.0 displays the result in landscape. The <xsl:template match = />
> tag is include below.
>
> However, to get the thing printed right, I currently have to MANUALLY set
> "Copies and Adjustment" radio buttons in the Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 print
> pop-up as follows
>
> "Shrink oversized pages to paper size" CHECKED
> "Expand small pages to paper size" NOT CHECKED
> "Auto-rotate and center pages" NOT CHECKED
>
> Thsi is higly inconvenient for our end useres.
>
> (Also I must set paper orientation to landscape in the printer properties,
> but I recognize that this has nothing to do with FOP).
>
> My question: assuming, that "Copies and Adjustment" settings are part of the
> Acrobat Reader's settings for that document, is there any way to set these
> settings in the style sheet and getting FOP to tell Acrobat Reader about it?
>
> Or, more general, what are the possibilities with FOP to control page
> orientation in the resulting PDF?
>
> Any suggestions are warmly welcomed

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki