Hello

Ok, I think I know what's going on here. The illegal
characters are apos and quotes. I am generating a xml
document from a text field in sql server. I am using
the JDBC driver from microsoft to get it. the driver
probably does not know how to copy apos and quotes and
replace them with these illegal xml characters (x19,
xc1).  my questions now becomes how can I look for and
replace these illegal xml characters in the xml
document. I am using the xerces parser from apache. Is
there a way for the parser to pick up on these illegal
characters?

thanks
pauli