thanks for this information - that's a bit annoying from the PDF spec ...

could I alternatively use smaller units (f.e. points instead of mm?)?

I tried that but while Batik and ASV accept other units fop seems to not accept
units defined within the "stroke-dasharray". Fop would stop and
say "The 'stroke-dasharray' property does not support point values."

anyway - maybe I can try the scaling alternative now ...

Andreas

--
Humor is also a way of saying something serious.
-- T. S. Eliot

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.karto.ethz.ch/neumann/
SVG.Open/Carto.net: http://www.svgopen.org/