I am using FO to transform an XML document into a nice business form (like an invoice). I am thinking of presenting all the postings in a table that runs across as many pages as needed. My problem is, that I want to make the top and bottom of the document to be different for the first page (should contain address etc.), last pages (should contain a total amount) and all the pages in between (should just list the postings).

I have been playing around with fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives and conditional-page-master-reference, but that only seems to be affecting the selection of the page-master, which only deals with the "pysical aspects" of the page (size, margins etc), and those don't differ across the pages. I feel I got something basically wrong here. I would appreciate any help!