I've looked at the files. I'm not sure but it could be a bug in the PFB
parser. GhostScript complains about PFB segment lengths when opening the
PDF (See File/Show Messages). I can investigate further next week.

In Ad.ps the Creator is shown as "ICE". What's that? Wouldn't it be
possible to generate SVG instead of PS? That would avoid any problems.
Having high-resolution TIFFs could also be a solution.

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:54:08 +0100 Torsten Erler wrote:
> Attached is a sample pdf file with one included postscsript-ad (Ad.ps).
>
> The PDF uses the same font like the original postscript file
> (BellCentennial).
> The postscript file is called in the generated fo-file as followed:
>
> <fo:block text-align="center">
>       <fo:external-graphic src="file:/c:/Ad.ps"/>
> </fo:block>
>
> I print the document on command line from whithin a java program:
>
> Runtime.getRuntime().exec( "[path_to_acrobat]/acdrord32.exe myfile.pdf /p
> /h" );
>
> The text in the pdf is using this special font but the postscript font will
> be substituted on printing with Courier.
> If I print the generated pdf document to a postscript-file and open it with
> gsview everything looks ok (fonts are installed in ghostscripts fonts
> directory).
>
> It's impossible to embedd the font in each postscript file, because of the
> most of the postscript files contains only one line (like Name & Tel.-Nr.).
> (Theoretically) hundreds of generated ad's are in one pdf-proof and
> thousends of proofs can be processed in a batch.
>

> ThanX Torsten

Jeremias Maerki