If I were you I'd generate SAX events from your "data" object. That
won't be difficulat to implement. The JAXP tutorial at Sun has good
examples. It will be a lot faster and will not likely generate many
problems with encodings.

I'm not sure but your code should work, IF you use the correct Unicode
character for the Euro Sign. Check out docs/examples/fonts.fo.

Good luck!

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:07:55 +0100 Torsten Erler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use FOP in an intenationalized app. Therefore I tried to create
> pdf-documents with locale German.
> The currency symbols (Euro-Sign) doesn't appear correct in the result
> (cryptic).
> If I dump down the generated fo the values are already wrong.
>
> Can anyone give me a pointer where I've to search for .
>
> Have I to change some encodings?
>
> xxx code snipped
>
> ByteArrayOutputStream out =  new ByteArrayOutputStream();
> String xml = data.toXML();  //data is a plain xml container with the same
> structure like an xml-file
> StringReader reader = new StringReader( xml );
> Source xmlSource = new StreamSource( reader );
> Result foResult = new StreamResult( out );
> Transformer transformer = getTransformer( xslFilePath );
> transformer.transform( xmlSource, foResult );

Jeremias Maerki