I have it working fine on OS X 10.2
Sounds like you are having a classpath problem.

On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 06:24 AM, Petr van Blokland wrote:

Hello,
new to this list I may have missed earlier mails on this topic.
But the question I have is this: Are there any users/developers
on OSX that managed to get FOP running?
Are there any hints or online information how this should be done?
Plain running the build/fop.jar does not seem to work.

[titanm:FOP/fop-0.20.4rc/build] petr% java fop.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: fop/jar

Nor does executing the fop.sh:

[titanm:/xpyth/FOP/fop-0.20.4rc] petr% sh fop.sh
Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
  We cannot execute java

Kind regards,
Petr van Blokland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]