Balajee wrote:

> Before generating PDF I want my user to preview the look of the PDF file,
> Essentially I want to show him how the printed document or generated PDF will
> look,
> I want to do this over the net, ie I want to provide a web interface and show
> the document in an applet and if the client
> approves save it as PDF and also if required Print it.

By all means use your web front-end to access the document, and open a new
'preview' browser window (which will launch Acrobat Reader) that will receive
the PDF generated by FOP . If the user accepts the previewed document they can
signal this by returning to the web front-end and issue a
'save-document-as-pdf' request. There should be no need for embedding PDF
within a web page. Of course if you mad keen on it looking like the pdf is in
your web front-end then use frames.

Regards

Phil Fennell
Web Developer

empolis UK Ltd.

Before generating PDF I want my user to preview the look of the PDF file,
Essentially I want to show him how the printed document or generated PDF will
look,
I want to do this over the net, ie I want to provide a web interface and show
the document in an applet and if the client approves save it as PDF and also if
required Print it.

Is there any resource already in FOP which will help me achieve this?
or else
If I have to do this on my own, I would also request for some direction on how
to go about the same.

Thanks in advance.

regards
Balajee Chandrasekaran

Software Engineer
Majesco Software Inc.
Phone : 91-22-5695 2222 Extn No 7911
------------------------------------
Beleif
Everything is possible for him who believes.
Bible
------------------------------------

MASTEK
Investing in relationships
In the US, we're called MAJESCO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not that of
Mastek Limited, unless specifically indicated to that effect. Mastek Limited
does not accept any responsibility or liability for it. This e-mail and
attachments (if any) transmitted with it are confidential and/or privileged and
solely for the use of the intended person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any
action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. This e-mail and its attachments have been
scanned for the presence of computer viruses. It is the responsibility of the
recipient to run the virus check on e-mails and attachments before opening
them. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly delete this e-mail from
all computers.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus
Scanning Service.