Stephan-

Based on the fact that your printed copy looks correct, I still think it
might be a display issue.  A quick and easy way to check it would be to
create a test document containing multiple instances of the same image,
each at a different size (either by specifying a scaling factor, or by
specifying hard dimensional constraints (like pt or cm)).  I'd bet (if I
were a gambling man) that all of the printed results are going to look
good, while your on-screen representations are going to be a crap shoot.

Is the purpose of your project to create PDFs that are going to be
primarily viewed on-screen, or on hard copy?  And if possible, could you
send me a copy of the offending PDF, and the image itself? (In a separate
e-mail directly to my address; you'll probably get scolded if you post
potentially large attachments to the group.)

-Jeff

                    "Stephan Wiesner"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    iesner.de>               cc:

                                             Subject:     RE: Quality of
Grafics
                    11/15/2002 12:36

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    fop-user

Hi Jef and thanks for the fast reply.
The printout looks fine. It is printed with 100%, though, so that was to
be expected.

I use the current Acrobat Reader to view my files and I have commercial
Documents, with graphics that look great no matter how large I scale, so
it can not really be the viewer?

Stephan