Müller, Markus wrote:

we're just testing FOP to generate PDF on a host, then sending the PDF
document in a way we don't know yet to some clients. The clients should be
able to view (and perhaps to print) the document. Is this possible without
AcrobatReader? The AcroRead for Java is not really a good thing,
btw, what's wrong with it? I've been told it's ok despite the fact that it was not updated long time.

and using
FOP only to display a file isn't a solution, too (since it's too large). Has
anybody a little hint?
If wanna high-quality pdf preview, I believe using Acrobat is the only way. Surely client must have Acrobat Reader installed, but it's free and absence of it can be detected in javascript.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team