On Monday, November 18, 2002, at 09:30 AM, Oleg Tkachenko wrote:

Petr van Blokland wrote:

I try to add new fonts to fop. According to the site this should be done
with the instruction below. I run this on OSX 10.2
Does anyone has an idea why this creates a OutOfMemoryError?
[titanm:/xpyth/FOP/fop-0.20.4] petr% java -cp build/fop.jar:lib/xercesImpl-2.0.1.jar:lib/xml-apis.jar:lib/xalan- 2.3.1.jar:lib/batik.jar org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader /xpyth/python/site-packages/reportlab/fonts/PrBk_____.pfb

productusbook.xml
PFM Reader v1.1
Reading /xpyth/python/site-packages/reportlab/fonts/coo_____.pfb...
Hmmmm, how come here is coo_____.pfb, but you said run it with PrBk_____.pfb?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        <<no stack trace available>>
Well, this exception I see second time and still don't get it. What could be a reason? Sounds like either JVM unable to allocate memory for the whole font file or font file is broken as PFMReader reads file size from the file itself.

Deat Oleg,

Sorry, I got it working by now. I got the error by (not reading the manual :-) converting
a .pfm file instead of a .pfb file. Now I converted all fonts and it works fine.

As graphic design studio we are transforming towards XML/XSLT/XML-FO to remove
Quark XPress from the general workflow. It looks like FOP can/will be an important part
of it (beside the XML/XSLT server "xpyth" that we developed from scratch in Python,
http://xml.petr.com/buro/products/webdesign//nl
The most important missing tag in FOP for us currently is <fo:float>
Do you have any idea when that will be implemented?

 Petr