I serched a little, and I found one difference between calling the fop.bat
and processing servlet .

The fop.bat use

org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

while servlet code uses

oracle.xml.parser.v2.SAXParser

The library xmlparserv2.jar is necessary, without it whole JDeveloper won't
run. All FOP libraries are in front of this library in my project, but
servlet still uses parser from xmlparserv2.jar .

My question is this :   Can I somehow choose, which parser (from which
library) to use ? Some example would be welcomed. I am still a beginner in
this field. Thanks.

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    rcz.cz               Komu:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                         Kopie:

                    18.11.2002           Předmět:     Strange error when
upgrading from 0.20.3 to 0.20.4
                    12:01

                    Odpovězte

                    prosím

                    uživateli

                    fop-user

I am trying to upgrade FOP from version 0.20.3 to 0.20.4 . I use Oracle's
JDeveloper 9i

To my project I added all libraries, which I found in fop.bat :

fop.jar
batik.jar
xalan-2.3.1.jar
xercesImpl-2.0.1.jar
xml-apis.jar
avalon-framework-cvs-20020315.jar
logkit-1.0.jar

When I process my FO file by fop.bat, everything is ok.
When I do this in servlet, following error appears:

[INFO]: building formatting object tree
[INFO]: [1]                        - the logging stops here

java.lang.NullPointerException int
org.apache.fop.render.pdf.fonts.LazyFont.getAscender(int) int
org.apache.fop.layout.FontState.getAscender() void
org.apache.fop.layout.LineArea.(org.apache.fop.layout.FontState, int, int,
int, int, int, org.apache.fop.layout.LineArea) void
org.apache.fop.layout.BlockArea.start() org.apache.fop.fo.Status
org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Block.layout(org.apache.fop.layout.Area)
org.apache.fop.fo.Status
org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Flow.layout(org.apache.fop.layout.Area,
org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.Region) org.apache.fop.fo.Status
org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Flow.layout(org.apache.fop.layout.Area) void
org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.format(org.apache.fop.layout.AreaTree)

void
org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.render(org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence)

void org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endElement(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.lang.String) java.lang.String
oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseElement()
NonValidatingParser.java:1112 void
oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseRootElement()
NonValidatingParser.java:287 void
oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseDocument()
NonValidatingParser.java:254 void
oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParser.parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource)
XMLParser.java:141 void
org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(org.xml.sax.XMLReader,
org.xml.sax.InputSource) void org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.run() void
or.jbo.html.beans.ReportShowBean.kresli() ReportShowBean.java:554 void _dt.
_ReportShowDT._jspService(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse) ReportShowDT.jsp:23 void
oracle.jsp.runtime.HttpJsp.service(javax.servlet.ServletRequest,
javax.servlet.ServletResponse) HttpJsp.java:119 void
oracle.jsp.runtimev2.JspPageTable.service(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,

javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse, java.lang.String)
JspPageTable.java:302 void
oracle.jsp.runtimev2.JspServlet.internalService(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,

javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse) JspServlet.java:407 void
oracle.jsp.runtimev2.JspServlet.service(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,

javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse) JspServlet.java:328 void
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(javax.servlet.ServletRequest,
javax.servlet.ServletResponse) HttpServlet.java:336 void
com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(javax.servlet.ServletRequest,

javax.servlet.ServletResponse) ServletRequestDispatcher.java:684 void
com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(javax.servlet.ServletRequest,

javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse) ServletRequestDispatcher.java:269
boolean
com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(com.evermind.server.ApplicationServerThread,

com.evermind.server.http.EvermindHttpServletRequest,
com.evermind.server.http.EvermindHttpServletResponse, java.io.InputStream,
java.io.OutputStream, boolean) HttpRequestHandler.java:735 void
com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(java.lang.Thread)
HttpRequestHandler.java:243 void com.evermind.util.ThreadPoolThread.run()
ThreadPoolThread.java:64

Any suggestions what's wrong ? Thanks.