Hi Mirko,

when you provide the partial sums within the XML, you can work with markers.
This would look like this:

// -- the items all have a partialSum
<xsl:for-each select="item">
  <fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-cell>
        <fo:block>
          <fo:marker marker-class-name="carry">
            <xsl:value-of select="partialSum"/>
          </fo:marker>
        </fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
  </fo:table-row>
</xsl:for-each>

// -- find the last partial sum on the page and display on page bottom
<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
  <fo:block text-align="right">
    <xsl:text>carry from this page: </xsl:text>
        <fo:retrieve-marker     retrieve-class-name="carry"
                                        retrieve-boundary="page"

retrieve-position="last-ending-within-page"/>
  </fo:block>
</fo:static-content>

I hope, this will help a little bit (you can find many samples etc. on the
web just using google).

Markus