Are you sure your Arial font is really a Type 1 font? I've never seen
Arial in Type 1 before. Are you sure you have an Arial.pfb and an
Arial.pfm? I think you will more likely have a Arial.ttf which you have
to specify in the embed-file attribute. That's the file you will have
generated the font metrics from, right? If it is a Type 1 font, Dennis
is right and you have to specify Arial.pfb, not Arial.pfm.

Good luck!

On 26.11.2002 09:23:06 Nyári Győző wrote:
> I've the embed-file param in the userconfig.xml file.
> I read up the config file with
> Options options = new Options("userconfig.xml");
>
> Then when I watch the file with Acrobat, it a message shows up:
> "Unable to extract the embedded font 'ArialHU'. Some characters..."
>
> userconfig.xml:
> embed-file="d:\pdflib\Arial1.pfm">
> weight="normal"></font-triplet>

Jeremias Maerki