I use XML Spy to write the FO file itself. Then I use FOP to take XML input & XSL inputs to generate the output. My command line looks like this:

c:\Program Files\java\fop-0.20.4>fop -d -xml C:\test_NYNF.xml -xsl C:\fo\2Page.fo -pdf C:\fo\2Page.pdf

This is the command .BAT file sends the system. I'd love to be able to pass a param at the end or something, but all I get are errors. Someone just mentioned an "fop servlet" in a recent message (I think they mentioned the \build\fop.jar file in the same breath), but I don't know yet how to leverage that. Since I think I have a viable workaround for the 2nd page (namely to have use XSL:IMPORT/INCLUDE) I don't know if that's necessary, anyway.

Unfortunately, that's the smallest part of the problem I'm working with right now. My main problem is to determine how to implement the ODD/EVEN functionality correctly. I've finally gotten some headway with an ODD/EVEN, but it's still not working right. I'm only getting one EVEN page & subsequent EVEN pages are outputting the ODD stuff on the EVEN page.

:-\