Greetings everbody,

i hope that i can get some help on my problem here and that i dont bother you with a newbie question.
We have xml-dtd in use that allows the creation of neested, ordered lists in our xml-documents.
Here is the code fragment that i use to create the list part of the fo stylesheet:
<!-- template for count on all ordered list items-->
<xsl:template name="countLi">
<xsl:for-each select=".">
<xsl:number format="1." level="multiple" count="[EMAIL PROTECTED] = 'Yes']/Li"/>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="Source//[EMAIL PROTECTED] = 'Yes']">
<fo:list-block provisional-label-separation="0.5cm" provisional-distance-between-starts="1cm">
<xsl:for-each select="Li">
<fo:list-item>
<fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
<fo:block font-family="Times" font-size="12pt" text-align="left" line-height="13pt" wrap-option="wrap">
<!-- call template count and recieve count result -->
<xsl:call-template name="countLi"/>
</fo:block>
</fo:list-item-label>
<fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
<fo:block>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</fo:block>
</fo:list-item-body>
</fo:list-item>
</xsl:for-each>
</fo:list-block>
</xsl:template>

I count the list items wit xsl:number and depending on the level of neesting i achieve different results (i.e. 1.2 or 1.2.1.) therefore i have different space usage in fo:list-item-label but i have no idea how i can manage it to handle the space between fo:list-item-label and fo:list-item-body dynamically, so that number count result doesnt override the content of my list body.
With the given code-example i have always a space separation of 0.5cm between the label and the body and if the neesting reachs level 4 i override the content of list-item-body.
I thought that with attribute start-indent and the use of the function body-start() the value for start-indent on the list-item-body is calculated on the value in provisional-distance-between-starts but that doesnt seem to work...

any help is greatly appreciated,

christian