Hi,

I have a document that causes FOP to fail when run on our Linux build
system, but works OK on my Windows machine. We use FOP 0.20.4 on both
machines.

It fails with the following errors:

     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't
connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY
variable.
     [java]     at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
     [java]     at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:63)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName1(Native Method)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:134)
     [java]     at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment
.java:64)
     [java]     at
java.awt.image.BufferedImage.createGraphics(BufferedImage.java:1025)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.svg.PDFGraphics2D.<init>(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderSVGDocument(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.drawImageScaled(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderImageArea(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.image.ImageArea.render(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderLineArea(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.layout.LineArea.render(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderBlockArea(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.layout.BlockArea.render(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderBlockArea(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.layout.BlockArea.render(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderAreaContainer(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.layout.ColumnArea.render(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderSpanArea(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.layout.SpanArea.render(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderBodyAreaContainer(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderPage(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.render(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.processQueue(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.addToRenderQueue(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.queuePage(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.layout.AreaTree.addPage(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.format(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.render(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endElement(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.jav
a(Compiled Code))
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.handleEndElement(XMLNamespaceBinde
r.java(Compiled Code))
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.java
(Compiled Code))
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocu
mentFragmentScannerImpl.java(Compiled Code))
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatc
her.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(Compiled Code))
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocume
ntFragmentScannerImpl.java:329)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:525)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:581)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:117
5)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.run(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Unknown Source)

The offending document contains some SVG drawings (but so do other documents
that work OK). It fails close to the end of document, long after all the SVG
drawings have presumably been processed.

Hope somebody can help me here!

Best regards