Mehmet Özdemir wrote:

I create a text file with FOP in my program and send it to the printer.
But I want to use the printer's properties that controls the page's
format functions. For ex : ctrl+O compresses the page horizontally.
So I want to write the ctrl+O (\u0015) at the beginning of the text file.
But after create the FOP file, FOP can not render the specified character.
Error message is ;

org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x15)
was found in the element content of the document.
Control characters like 0x15 is not allowed in xml (well, at least in xml 1.0). If you want to get some new specific behaviour from TXTRenderer you can extend it as usual java class. Then provide it to FOP by driver.setRenderer(new MyTXTRenderer());

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team