[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Is the assumption correct, that this restriction is in the AWTRenderer of
FOP? -
I'm not sure actually. TIFFRenderer creates temporary BufferedImage when encoding with fax compression, is that your case, I mean GROPU3 and GROUP4 compression schemas? For the rest compressions it uses directly BufferedImage created by AWTRenderer.

Is there any plan to add this feature in near future?
Sure. As I'm now FOP committer it should be one more FOP output format (we thought about more bitmap formats, supported by JAI/jimi, but I believe the only tiff makes sense as it supports multi-page images).

 I was thinking of
adding this,
though I have not looked into it yet. Is it feasible at all with the
current FOP design?
Any help is greatly appreciated, feel free to modify sources. But not with the current FOP design, new one will make tiff generation much effective.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team