> > Is there any plan to add this feature in near future?
> Sure. As I'm now FOP committer it should be one more FOP output format
(we
> thought about more bitmap formats, supported by JAI/jimi, but I believe
the
> only tiff makes sense as it supports multi-page images).

That's is definitely good news.

I think there is a need for other formats too. I see at my customer here
that they might want to get rid of multipage TIFF in favor of one JPG-file
per page.

Producing one file per page might be the way to go for the non-TIFF formats
(even for TIFFs that could be an option, since there are applications out
there that only support single page TIFFs).

just my $0.02 on the file format discussion.
Reto

CSS Versicherung
Reto Blunschi EXTERNE
Rösslimattstrasse 40
CH-6002 Luzern
Telefon  ++41 (0)41 369 1236
Telefax  ++41 (0)41 369 1212
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.css.ch

Oleg Tkachenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 18.12.2002 13:52:24

            Bitte antworten an [EMAIL PROTECTED]