Eric Prevost wrote:
I am trying to integrate an SVG file with embedded text and when i try to
use it in FOP

SVG and XML-fo included in this mail.
Please, don't include 100K+ files into mail body, attach they to the mail message instead.

I am working on W2K SP1, JDK 1.3

With FOP 0.20.5rc the result is :
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] FOP 0.20.5rc
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[INFO] setting up fonts
[INFO] [1]
[ERROR] Could not load external SVG: null
[ERROR] Error while creating area : No ImageReader for this type of image
(file:/Temp/testfont001.svg)
[INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer
Are you sure file:/Temp/testfont001.svg is valid path to the file?
I have tried your fo + svg in fop0.20.5 and it gave me many exception lines about some wrong glyphindex=-1, but produced pdf ok. Batik itself seems to be able to handle your svg well, so it sounds like a bug, file it to the bugzilla (again, *attach* svg to the bug entry, not copy-n-pase it as is, please).

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team