[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

When you look at the source code in the packages org.apache.fop.image and
org.apache.fop.image.analyser you will see *image.java and *reader.java classes
for the above image formats.
There has been in fop 0.18.1 a JAI and a Jimi class in the package
org.apache.fop.image. Who could tell me why these classes doesn’t exist any
more? Has
the functionality of these classes been moved to another place?
They are still there. Take a look at src/org/apache/fop/image directory. But now they are included in fop.jar conditionally during building process based on the presence of JAI/Jimi classes in the classpath.

Some emails in the archive state that Java Advanced Imaging (JAI,
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai/) could be used to handle more image
formats, but is not distributed with fop because of license reasons. I had a
closer
look at it, but I don’t know how to make it accessible to fop. Could
somebody give me a hint?
I believe you have to have javax.media.jai.JAI class in the classpath (that's how build script understands there is JAI installed) and then you have to rebuild fop.

FOP only needs the second bit, which has been made part of the jdk in
version 1.4! It is in the package javax.imageio
That's great, but we have to be jdk1.3 (or even 1.2) compatible. e.g. I use fop in a production under Websphere 3.5, which has ibm jsk 1.2.2 and jdk there btw is unupgradable.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team