The conversion from .fo to .pdf seems to work using the tomcat xml libs. Don't think tomcat comes with xalan, so hopefully I can just throw fop's xalan.jar in my WEB-INF/lib, will find out soon.

Looks like struts-1.1-b2 depends on some xml parsing functionality that is specific to the version of xerces that comes with with tomcat, but thats just a guess on my part.

Darrel