Just deployed, www.webappcore.com/fop, details of update:

Fixed version, 0.20.5rc.

Fixed advanced/giro.fo

Made images available to fo/images.fo and fo/bgimage.fo. This was a little tricker than I thought. The two fo files reference their images as ./../../graphics. Tomcat thinks that . is TOMCAT_HOME/webapps, so I had to put /graphics as a sibling dir to the TOMCAT_HOME dir, can't include the images in my WAR file. Not sure of best way to fix resolve this, but this will work for now. Also included a couple of JAI jars to let fo/images.fo work.

svg/external PDF generates, but its having problems finding some of the svg resources, trace below. I tried moving the svgs around, but couldn't find a place to put them that would make trace go away.

I'm wondering if there is a way to re-write all the external resource references in the fo examples so that they would work better with a web application, as well as a regular application.

Darrel

[ERROR] Error while creating area : Error with image URL: boxes.svg (No such file or directory) and no base URL is specified
[ERROR] Error while creating area : Error with image URL: multi.svg (No such file or directory) and no base URL is specified
[ERROR] Error while creating area : Error with image URL: view.svg (No such file or directory) and no base URL is specified
[ERROR] svg graphic could not be built: null:-1
An I/O error occured while processing the URI 'file:ref.svg#FOP' specified on the element <use>
org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: null:-1
An I/O error occured while processing the URI 'file:ref.svg#FOP' specified on the element <use>
at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.getReferencedElement(BridgeContext.java:457)
at org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGUseElementBridge.createGraphicsNode(SVGUseElementBridge.java:79)
at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(GVTBuilder.java:182)
at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(GVTBuilder.java:148)
at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(GVTBuilder.java:188)
at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(GVTBuilder.java:148)
at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(GVTBuilder.java:76)
at org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderSVGDocument(PDFRenderer.java:513)